Need some help? Check out our new Help Centre

Working out exact home for cutting job 0,0

Hi Guys, Just starting out with my Emblazer today and was wondering if there is a way to work out exact 0,0 on the anodized aluminium base so I can line up my material perfectly each time and have each piece cut the exact same way..

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi Simon,

The best way to do this is to place a piece of thick card, we use white poster board, onto your base and tape it down. This is what we call a 'sacrificial board', as it will get scored, burnt, marked and ultimately need replacing.

Once you have it taped down, you can burn either a grid onto it, or better still, an outline of your object to be engraved / cut. This way you can use it for perfect alignment.

There are some useful files from other users that might help here:
    http://forum.darklylabs.com/index.php?p=/discussion/128/useful-cutting-engraving-files#latest

Let me know if this doesn't make sense and I can clarify.
  • Done and works great! I did find that I needed to created a support for the middle of the anodized aluminium to make sure that this was level as it was prone to sagging (A3 size) and the drop in height would mean the laser would "fade in/out" whilst cutting and I would get a broken line.