Need some help? Check out our new Help Centre

TESTing

CUT2D LASER

CARD STOCK

500MM/MIN
31% LASER power

2015-01-09

I'm impressed with the etch test. I've got a lot of testing it seems in my near future. :)

Comments

• 2015-01-25

The machine errored out on the first try which resulted in that burn dot. I thought I moved it enough away from it but oh well.

• 500mm/m
    70% power

orange carbon fiber
  • Joseph,
    Looking great!

Is that real carbon fibre?
  • No, that would be cool though :). The black one goes under the name 4D carbon fiber vinyl and It gives off the shimmer look of real carbon fiber.

Have you guys tried cutting carbon fiber? I might buy some just to test out.
  • We did test it and didn't have much success.

It could possibly be engraved with some testing, but not cut all the way through.
  • If that is truly vinyl you may not want to cut it with your laser. Burning PVC creates a corrosive oxidizer. It could eat at the components of your machine if you do it too much. Just be careful with that or you could ruin it.
  • edited February 2015
    2015-02-03 (2)

Some more testing I did today. A beer tap for my friends beer business he's starting.

I used Illustrator + photoshop to convert to bmp and shading then piceengraver with pic sender. I could have done this with cut 2D but I like the depth and bold look picengraver achieves. It looks a lot better in person.

499x316 pixel = 3" by 1.99" i believe was the engraving off hand.
  • edited February 2015
    lithology settings

total time 12 minutes 54 seconds