Need some help? Check out our new Help Centre

Slowdowns during image engraving

I have an Emblaser and I'm trying to engrave images.
I have an issue where the engraving will slow down whenever there is a laser power change command. It goes really fast on flat areas, then slows down (and burns) when it needs to change laser power. There is nothing in the gCode except X,Y and "M3 S" commands, so I don't think that is the problem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Comments

• Hi Jon,

That sounds like what our Feed Rate Change feature does in our PicEngrave Pro 5 image to gcode program. Are you generating the gcode in the Demo version?

It would help if you could post more information on what software you're using to generate the gcode and what you're using to stream the gcode to the EmBlaser.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm not using PicEngrave , but some other tool I found and modified. I looked at the gcode generated, and there are no feed rate commands except the initial one.

I'm using "Universal G-code Sender" to send the gCode, but I also tried GRBL-Panel with same results.
  • Are there both G00 (rapid) & G01 (linear) commands in the file? G01 commands are Modal and it may be switching back and forth from the rapid max feedrate and the linear feedrate that was set at the beginning of the file.
  • No, there is only a single G1 at the start of the file.
  • The M03 on every line before the S command in your gcode file is the problem. Remove all of them except the one on the first line and try it again.
  • Thanks! Will try that.