Need some help? Check out our new Help Centre

PEP5 issue.

edited July 2015 in PicEngrave
I have finally got around to trying out PEP5. I have applied initial settings as found elsewhere on this forum. When I send the code from Picsender, the head moves to the image start position and stops. It also locks up Picsender so I have to reboot. I have tried sending different files with the same problem occurring. Any advice as to a fix? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Daryl,

Can you post the comments at the beginning of the gcode file and the first 5 lines a gcode?

Does PicSender come up with any error messages when it locks up? If so, can you post it as well?

Thanks.
    Jeff
  • Hi Jeff,

I have attached a screen shot of my set up in PEP5 and of first page of code. Picsender returns no error and is unresponsive to commands within the program such as cancel.

Cheers
    Daryl
    PEP1.jpg 98.4K
    PEP2.jpg 116.9K
  • Hi Daryl

Change the third axis letter to S instead of Z. The EmBlaser requires S commands to control the laser. You should be using the GRBL PWM Code selection in PicSender also.

Let me know if that resolves your problem.

Thanks.
    Jeff
  • THANKS Jeff, I will keep you posted. Another question if I could, As Picsender should be set for GRBL PWM should I also select this option in the PEP5 engraving profile?
    Cheers
    Daryl
  • Use the Analog PWM profile. That is what I use. The GRBL PWM profile does not have all the options as Analog/PWM does.

Thanks.
    Jeff
  • Hi Jeff,

THANKS very much for your help. Working fine now.

CHEERS

Daryl