Need some help? Check out our new Help Centre

Homing issue

Hi! I just finished setting up my Emblaser (A3). When I click $H the first time, the laser moves along the x-axis all the way to the right but does not move at all on the y-axis to the top. I've tried clicking it again with no luck. Any thoughts on how I can fix this?

Q

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Can you describe exactly what happens?

Does it move along the x-axis, detect the limit switch.
    Then start moving up along the y-axis and just stop before the switch is detected?

Can you check whether you have plugged the motor cables in correctly.
    Also, check if the FFC is inserted the right way and fully into the connectors.

Let us know how you go.
  • Hi, I'm having the same issue. This is my first time with anything like this so I'm guessing it's something I've done wrong! When I power up the Emblazer and run UGS, I click the $H button and the FFC moves along the x axis but when it reached the slider bar it trys to keep going along the x axis and doesn't seem to recognise that the switch has been activated. I've checked the connections to the motors and they are all in correctly and now lost for ideas!
    Can anyone help this novice?
  • Gareth,

Please check the following:

1: Is the fan spinning on the laser head?
    If not, then the FFC is not plugged in correctly.

2: Double check the FFC is facing the right way and fully inserted into it's sockets. You need to do this with the socket latch up (unlocked), then lock it down.