Darker text (lazerblade etc)
600mm/min
40% power
Fill with 0.15mm step-over

Lighter text
600mm/min
40% power
Fill with 0.25mm step-over

Please note that this was a very soft leather and the settings may have to be tweaked. We found that too much power or too close a step-over caused overburning in the leather."

I am currently trying to get good results but am encountering difficulties to reproduce the example provided and have some questions about it:
- which font did you use to get those results?
- was it Truetype or Single Line, bold/normal, etc. ?
- what is actually the difference between the TT and Single Line?
- could you maybe share the Cut2D (.crv) file?
- are there any more tips that could help?

The example looks great, I am really hoping to get those results. Any tips or help is highly appreciated!

Thanks Julien

Comments

• Hi Julien,

This engraving was created before Cut2D-Laser was released. We used a Vectric program called 'Aspire', which is very similar but designed for cnc routing. The Aspire file we have is not compatible with C2D, but I have taken screen shots which should help answer many of your questions.

- which font did you use to get those results?
    If I recall, we used Ariel. We created the text in Adobe Illustrator and imported it into Aspire. It could just have easily been created in Aspire/C2D.

- was it Truetype or Single Line, bold/normal, etc. ?
    Our text was Truetype. Bold and Normal were used. See the images below.

- what is actually the difference between the TT and Single Line?
    TT creates a letter which has a volume inside it. Single line just defines a letter as a single line. There are times when one is better than the other for engraving. This is a matter of experimentation.

Leather_aspire1

Leather_aspire2

Leather_aspire3

Leather_aspire4

I have also attached the files in case these are too small to read the details from.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
    Domenic
  • Just a quick update. I was convinced the laser was focused, however it was not completely. The results with a focused laser are marvellous. Your update however did work to achieve best results.
  • What settings were used when creating a tool in Aspire? I have the full version of aspire that I use on my CNC machine but unsure how to setup a tool to run the laser correctly. Thanks